Tony’s Top Tips
If you’re planning on running a similar workshop (which I highly recommend), here are my top tips:
1. Be flexible - don’t be too regimented with timings or structure during your workshop, go with the flow even if it means you don’t get through everything
2. Make it interactive - ask questions, get opinions, encourage discussion from the kids
3. Be funny - drop in a few things to make them laugh, even make fun of yourself a little bit (that will really get them on side!)
4. Talk to everyone - during practical parts of the session, make sure you get round to talk to every single child at least once - one-to-one support really makes a difference to a lot of the kids
5. No dull PPTs - if you’re going to put anything on the screen to show the class, make sure it’s bright, fun and tailored for the audience - no corporate slide decks!