About OPEN Health Medical Communications
Dedicated to delivering meaningful solutions
OPEN Health Medical Communications offers world-class expertise in:
- Medical affairs consultancy and content
- Publications planning and execution
- Multi-channel medical education
- Internal training
We offer a global perspective with in-depth knowledge of the US and European markets.
At OPEN Health Medical Communications, we completely grasp the science with experience and insight that are second to none.
But we go further than that. Much further.
Our dedicated, global experts challenge each other (and our clients) to think beyond the science and create fresh, purposeful, clinically relevant solutions.
What that means for our clients is a stimulating and rewarding partnership, with a trusted team that always goes the extra mile to make things happen.
You will love this role if you:
- If you are passionate about digital and the role it plays in supporting medical communications
- You want to get the best out of a team and inspire them to enhance their client work through the use of digital
- You have experience of working in a fast-paced digital agency environment
- You value collaboration and enjoy working closely with expert developers and client service teams
- You have strong attention to detail
- You are confident explaining to our clients how digital communications can add value
You will be a success if you:
- Identify areas for digital development within existing accounts and new business opportunities
- Take ownership of driving digital new business and deliverables in projects from start to finish
- Are pro-active with a desire to exceed expectations for internal and external clients
- Are able to add value to current client deliverables though your understanding of digital technologies
- Have excellent communications skills
- Are effective in planning and executing complex workflows, managing project timelines and budgets
- Are confident in liaising with third party suppliers and clients.
- Inspire others to upskill their digital competencies
As part of the Medical Communications team, you’ll be responsible for the following activities:
- Support the Med Comms account teams to identify areas of their existing business where digital can enhance or improve current offerings
- Develop user requirements, budgets and functional specs and brief materials for use with OPEN Digital
- Up-skill team members in digital competencies including Veeva, Social media and multichannel marketing
- Review opportunities in existing accounts for digital tactics and work closely with the account handling team to propose these to clients
- To work alongside account handling teams to scope digital projects and ensure these are budgeted accurately
- Review proposals that contain digital deliverables or channels to ensure they have been approached in a compliant manner
- Write technical briefing documents to share with the OPEN digital team
- Oversee the delivery of digital projects for Med Comms accounts
- Produce case studies, slide decks, and other materials around digital experience within OPEN Health
- Work with the digital teams in OPEN Health to evaluate new technologies as they become available and assess how these may be applicable to PBC deliverables or client projects
What you’ll bring:
- +3yrs experience of managing digital projects within the pharmaceutical industry
- Qualification in digital marketing preferred but not essential; providing expertise in the scoping, development and delivery of digital projects, demonstrated by suitable qualification such as IDM or CIM diploma or higher
- A background in medical communications is preferred
- Experience of defining digital communication strategies for global and regional medical affairs teams as well as the development and execution of digital tactics for healthcare professionals and/or patients
- Experience in multichannel marketing strategy/tactical planning preferred
- Can develop a client brief into user requirements and functional specification, including wireframes.
- Can brief and manage technical development teams from scope through to implementation, using both a waterfall and agile approach.
What we offer:
At OPEN Health, we are entirely dependent upon our people. They are the basis of every contract we win, every service we provide and every project we deliver. As a result, we are always on the lookout for the brightest, most enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individuals to join our teams in the UK. We work hard to create friendly and collaborative workplaces; to provide fascinating professional challenges and amazing opportunities.
We have an extensive benefits package that includes:
- A total of 29 days holidays – 25 plus an additional 3 at Christmas shutdown and your birthday off
- Flexible start and finish times around core office hours
- 4 pm Friday finish
- A training platform that provides access to self-paced and face-to-face learning & development
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Casual dress code
- Active CSR community supporting a range of worthwhile cause