About OPEN Health Patient & Brand Communications
Patient-centred creative communications Patient & Brand Communications comprises the OPEN Health disciplines of patient engagement, health technology, market insight, public relations and healthcare branding.
The expertise and heritage of three long-standing OPEN Health operating companies have been brought together to form a multi-channel, multi-skilled healthcare communications agency with patient outcomes at the heart.
Together, our expertise covers creative, strategy, market insight, media planning, patient engagement and public relations, working in collaboration to deliver exceptional results for our clients.
Our specialisms include:
Brand Communications: From brand strategy and development to creative campaigns; multi-channel marketing to brand & disease awareness; corporate and internal motivation campaigns to sales aids.
Patient Communications: From patient support programmes (PSPs) and apps to clinical trial recruitment & retention; advocacy & PAG relations to certified medical device apps; disease awareness and education.
Public Relations: From media relations to corporate communications; global strategic communications planning to online content marketing and social media; advocacy to access and value communications.
Research & Insight: From patient journey mapping to patient research; online, social and competitor landscaping to HCP research; communications and language analysis.
Our specialisms include:
• Brand Communications
• Patient Communications
• Public Relations
• Research & Insight
You will love this role if you are:
- A skilled problem solver with an eye for detail
- Adept at building great relationships, both internally and with clients
- Experienced in agency life and the pharma industry
- Calm and motivated/motivating under pressure
- Able to lead pitches with aplomb and uncover new business opportunities
- Passionate about healthcare, brand comms and developing the best campaigns
- Able to multitask with ease
- A confident leader, with a complete understanding of what it takes to lead a busy account handling team
You will be a success if you:
- Fill the agency team with confidence that you can drive the brand accounts forward
- Fill the clients with confidence that you can provide them/their team with the needed support and counsel
- Can deepen your client relationships and grow your accounts financially
- Play a leading role on pitch proposals and delivery
- Get stuck into the work with the whole team
- As part of the Patient & Brand Communications team, you’ll be responsible for a wide range of activities, including:
- Full ownership of the communications programme for each client, ranging from strategic input to day-to-day management of tactics (based on the specific needs for each account)
- Ensuring optimal financial management of each account and demonstrating a clear understanding of all financial processes within the business
- Monitoring forecast and plans in conjunction with Account Managers and Account Executives to ensure business objectives are met, on time and within budget.
- Demonstrating in-depth understanding of the relevant ABPI and NICE policies in the UK and equivalent across Europe and processes that impact upon OPEN Health’s business
- Manage and influence senior-level client contacts and maintain positive working relationships, as well as working proactively to identify new business opportunities within existing client companies
- Lead pitches
- Line management responsibility, where appropriate
What you’ll bring:
- Ability to work with client and agency staff on a day to day project management basis both independently and as part of the team
- Strong understanding of the healthcare environment and target audience, gained through significant experience in a healthcare agency or pharmaceutical company role
- Approachable hands-on manager, trainer, delegator with strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management and analytical skills
- Financial acumen
- The ability to distil complex information and produce simple, compelling briefs
- Ability to multitask and prioritise; excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Competent in using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Solid grasp of relevant digital technologies, including CRM systems