We’re looking for a talented senior UX/UI designer to join our growing team in our Marlow office.
We believe UI design is an integral part of user experience design, not a separate discipline and, as such, we want to find someone who is as comfortable crafting beautiful user interfaces as they are conducting user research to inform and validate their designs.
If you'd describe yourself as someone who:
- Has exceptional visual design skills.
- Embraces modern user-centred design practices.
- Gets excited by the ever-evolving technical landscape, from apps to VR, websites to touchscreens.
- Has a natural eye for design and are able to take complex information and tell a visual story.
- Is always looking for inspiration and always looking to improve.
- Is a user-centred champion, who uses research, insights and empathy to inform your designs and
You’re up for the challenge of using considered and informed design to bring experiences, platforms and products to life and make a real difference to the work of healthcare professionals and the lives of patients, then this could be the perfect match!
If you have:
- 5+ years of digital design experience (preferably in an agency).
- A portfolio of beautiful and well-thought-out designs that went live, demonstrating your experience crafting interfaces and digital experiences.
- Solid understanding of UX design processes, accessibility standards and graphic design principles.
- Great attention to detail, pride and passion of the work you do.
- A good communicator, and problem solver: written, verbal and graphical.
- Self-motivated as well as team-orientated approach to your work.
- An expertise in Sketch (or Figma), with good supporting Photoshop and Illustrator skills.
- Experience using InVision, Marvel or other prototyping tools.
- A good understanding of HTML and CSS (this would be an advantage, but not essential as this isn’t a development position).
Then we'd love to hear from you.
- On a day to day basis, you will typically be:
- Creating original, innovative design solutions across a variety of devices for healthcare audiences.
- Communicating concepts and ideas through wireframes, user flows, mockups, sketches and prototypes.
- Championing user-centred design, but always mindful of business objectives
- Conducting user research and gathering insights to inform your designs.
- Working closely with the development team and project managers to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and in scope.
- Presenting designs to stakeholders and team members, rationalising design decisions and gathering feedback.
- Delivering well-structured and carefully crafted design files and handover notes to the development team.
- Testing and quality checking products during the build process.
- Constantly learning new techniques, trying new tools and staying ahead of the curve in the world of digital design.
- Helping to inspire and mentor more junior members of the team.
OPEN Health Digital are our internal team of digital specialists, supporting our practices and their clients with digital strategy and delivery. We define, design and deliver digital platforms, products, experiences and tools for healthcare audiences.
Our digital solutions span the technology spectrum, from innovative VR educational experiences and patient support apps, to custom e-learning platforms and data-visualisation tools. Our objective is to maximise the impact and value of digital channels, deliver innovation where it really effects change, and ensure everything conforms to the highest security standards.The team comprises of project managers, designers, developers, using the latest technologies, processes and tools, and are based out of OPEN Health’s Marlow (Buckinghamshire) and Holborn (central London) offices.
As a business, OPEN Health has an extensive benefits package that includes:
- A total of 29 days holidays – 25 plus an additional 3 at our Christmas shutdown plus your birthday off
- Flexible start and finish times around core office hours
- 4pm Friday finish
- A training platform that provides access to self-paced and face-to-face learning & development
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Casual dress code
- Active CSR community supporting a range of worthwhile causes
No speculative CV's accepted.