OPEN Health are looking for a researcher to lead an exciting 12 month internal project. This role requires a unique skill set of qualitative research, quantitative research, medical writing and project management
You will love this role if you:
- Enjoy and excel at patient facing research
- Want to get a taste of the Pharma healthcare sector
- Would enjoy managing one exciting internal project from start to finish
- Would enjoy using a variety of different research skills including qualitative research, literature reviewing and quantitative research.
- Would enjoy collaborating and working with the other disciplines in the Patient & Brand Communications practice, and across OPEN Health.
- Would enjoy communicating with a variety of stakeholders including OPEN Health colleagues, healthcare professionals, patients academics.
You will be a success if you:
- Have prior experience with all or some of the following: qualitative research, quantitative research (including psychometric testing), medical writing (e.g. protocols, reports, manuscripts), literature reviewing.
- Have strong project management skills and can multi task well.
Working collaboratively across two of our key practices, you’ll be responsible for the following activities:
- Managing and executing a 1 year long exciting internal project at OPEN Health
- With supervision from senior project team members, you will be responsible for the management and execution of all of project activities, including:
- Literature review
- 1-1 patient interviews and interview data analysis
- Questionnaire development
- Developing a research protocol and ethics application
- Execution of a study to psychometrically test the new tool, conducting basic statistical analysis
- Producing scientific deliverables including a protocol, report and manuscript
- Establishing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including academic groups and healthcare professionals
- Working with contract research associates as required
What you’ll bring:
- A masters degree or equivalent in psychology, sociology, medical research or a related health field.
- Prior demonstrated experience with all or some of the following: qualitative research, quantitative research (including psychometric testing), medical writing (e.g. protocols, reports, manuscripts), literature reviewing.
- A good understanding of the different health psychology models and behaviour change techniques
- Strong research skills and an understanding of the step by step processes of a research project
- Knowledge of, and a keen interest in, the development and validation process of patient tools
- Excellent project management skills and an ability to deliver on time
- The ability to work independently on a single, complex project
- Interest and basic understanding of science and medicine.
- Interest in creatively and practically solving problems.
- Proactivity and a solution orientated approach.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise; excellent time management skills.
- Excellent written and report writing skills.
- Confident, articulate verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competent in using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
What we offer:
At OPEN Health, we are entirely dependent upon our people. They are the basis of every contract we win, every service we provide and every project we deliver. As a result, we are always on the lookout for the brightest, most enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individuals to join our teams in UK and USA. We work hard to create friendly and collaborative workplaces; to provide fascinating professional challenges and amazing opportunities.
We have an extensive benefits package that includes:
- A total of 29 days holidays – 25 plus an additional 3 at our Christmas shutdown plus your birthday off
- Flexible start and finish times around core office hours
- 4pm Friday finish
- A training platform that provides access to self-paced and face-to-face learning & development
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Casual dress code
- Active CSR community supporting a range of worthwhile causes