OPEN Health Patient & Brand Communications comprises the disciplines of patient engagement, health technology, market insight, public relations and healthcare branding.
The expertise and heritage of three long-standing OPEN Health operating companies have been brought together to form a multi-channel, multi-skilled healthcare communications agency with patient outcomes at the heart.
Together, our expertise covers creative, strategy, market insight, media planning, patient engagement and public relations, working in collaboration to deliver exceptional results for our clients.
Research & Insight:
From patient journey mapping to patient research; online, social and competitor landscaping to HCP research; communications and language analysis. We take this understanding to the next step by working with the Patient Engagement team to build patient support programmes which enable better patient outcomes, genuinely turning insight into action!
You will love this role if you:
- Want a greatly varied role; where you have opportunities and learning experiences that go beyond traditional research projects.
- Want to develop a wider understanding of all aspects of the patient world, including HCPs and patient advocacy identifying the influences on their commitment to treatment.
- Would enjoy collaborating and working with the other disciplines in the Patient & Brand Communications practice, and across OPEN Health.
- Want to develop your knowledge of Pharma marketing and the healthcare sector
You will be a success if you:
- Have prior market research experience, ideally within healthcare, patient or social research specialisms, where topics may be of a sensitive nature
- Ensure you learn about how to conduct great research and recognise the impact market research has on building brands & solutions
As part of the Patient & Brand Communications Insights team, you’ll be responsible for the following activities:
- Take responsibility, with support from RDs, to manage the day-to-day set up and delivery of all projects allied with assigned clients and projects.
- Act as a point of contact for specified clients.
- Ensure all projects are on brief when delivered. Take a lead role in the development of presentations, including constructive input in brainstorms through to producing engaging presentations & outputs to share the research.
- Ensure timely delivery of projects – the custodian of the project timeline, ensuring all stakeholders are up to date with iterations to the project; in particular ensure clients are continually updated on project progress.
- Manage financial aspects of project delivery, in particular managing supplier costs.
- Ensure effective communication of project briefs to the internal team.
- Coordinate effectively and efficiently with appropriate members of the PBC team and broader Open Health teams where relevant.
- Collaborate with PBC and OPEN Health stakeholders in developing solutions to clients’ challenges.
- Work on wider PBC projects with senior specialists, getting involved with client account management and behaviour change tasks to broaden your skillets not only as a researcher but a patient & brand specialist.
- Be responsible for the approval process, ensuring quality control and code compliance. Training can be provided.
- Understand the various client brand and disease areas, developing solutions to their research problems.
- Support and maintain the working relationships with all clients, including some senior level contacts, as appropriate.
What you’ll bring:
- Good understanding of the ABPI, BHBIA and EphMRA code of practice- although this can be trained.
- Building experience of Qualitative, Quantitative and creative research techniques.
- Interest and basic understanding of science and medicine.
- Interest in creatively and practically solving problems.
- Proactivity and a solution orientated approach. We want to develop innovative approaches to generate insight and test solutions.
- Willingness to engage with the other businesses in the OPEN Health network, identify new opportunities for PBC and further your wider healthcare marketing skillset.
- Solid project management and analytical skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise; excellent time management skills.
- Excellent written and report writing skills. The ability to tell the story of the research findings and bring them to life is pivotal.
- Confident, articulate verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Able to deliver a confident presentation and instil confidence.
- Attention to detail is essential in the role.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- An interest and willingness to challenge the status quo of MR, seeking new methods to approach research problems and new forms of outputs to tell engaging stories.
- Competent in using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Projects managed effectively and delivered on brief, on time, on budget.
- High degree of client and internal satisfaction.
- PBC, Open Health and client teams appropriately engaged and well informed at all times.
- Core values adhered to at all times. We want to employ great people, who do great work, that excites our clients and make money, always in that order.
- SOPs followed and Code of Practice adhered to at all times.
What we offer:
At OPEN Health, we are entirely dependent upon our people. They are the basis of every contract we win, every service we provide and every project we deliver. As a result, we are always on the lookout for the brightest, most enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individuals to join our teams in UK and USA. We work hard to create friendly and collaborative workplaces; to provide fascinating professional challenges and amazing opportunities.
We have an extensive benefits package that includes:
- A total of 29 days holidays – 25 plus an additional 3 at our Christmas shutdown plus your birthday off
- Flexible start and finish times around core office hours
- 4pm Friday finish
- A training platform that provides access to self-paced and face-to-face learning & development
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Casual dress code
- Active CSR community supporting a range of worthwhile causes
OPEN Health is a family of expert practices, working in partnership to drive positive change in healthcare communications and market access.
Founded in 2011, and previously a group of eight separately branded businesses, OPEN Health has now re-structured into our four specialist practices, all operating under the OPEN Health brand.
• OPEN Health Medical Communications (previously Succinct and now including US-based Peloton Advantage)
• OPEN Health Patient & Brand Communications (previously The EarthWorks, Reynolds MacKenzie & LEC)
• OPEN VIE: Value, Informatics, Evidence (previously pH Associates, Harvey Walsh, & OPEN Access Consulting)
Collaboration and connectivity was a founding philosophy and will continue to be a key driver for OPEN Health providing value for our clients and also offering an environment in which our employees can continue to thrive.
With offices in the UK and US and over 500 employees, OPEN Health works with 90% of the world’s top 40 pharmaceutical companies, across a broad client base including biotechnology and medical device companies. Our therapeutic range is broad, with particular strength and focus on oncology, rare diseases and specialist medicines.