About OPEN VIE Value, Informatics & Evidence - bringing value to life
OPEN VIE believes that a compelling value strategy, supported by a robust and appropriate evidence base, should be at the heart of all activities to optimize patient access to life-changing healthcare interventions. We work in partnership with the life-sciences industry in the development and delivery of robust product value strategies throughout the product life cycle at a UK, EU and Global level.
Our offerings incorporate real world evidence, data analytics and value communications to support our clients in securing reimbursement and optimal commercialization of their assets. Our high-calibre, experienced team provides the full range of market access and real-world evidence services to ensure patient access to our clients’ new drugs and devices.
Our specialisms include:
- Market Access
- Health informatics
- Real world evidence
- Patient centred outcomes (PCO)
Patient Centred Outcomes (PCO):
Specialising in the generation of data that matter to patients. PCOs enable the scientifically robust measurement of disease, treatment benefit or unmet need from the perspective of the patient and/or their family members or carers. This encompasses a broad spectrum of research methodologies and could involve qualitative interviews and/or the administration of self-report patient-reported outcome (PRO) measures, bespoke surveys, PRO instrument validation and patient preference studies such as Discrete Choice Experiments. Our team also play a key role in driving patient engagement and collaboration in the design and delivery of OPEN HEALTH research projects see https://www.openhealthgroup.co...
You will love this role if you:
- Want to be part of an exciting, team where you can really develop and define the role
- Are passionate about gaining experience working in the health and life-sciences industry and working on research that brings benefits to patients and their families
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic and client-focused consultancy environment
- Want to work across a broad range of therapeutic areas
- Wish to work with patients and patient advocacy groups in the design and conduct of research.
You will be a success if you:
- A keen self-starter who enjoys working independently but can also work effectively as part of a team
- Have a proactive approach to drive and support your colleagues
- Can demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable speaking to a variety of different stakeholders
- Have a good understanding of both qualitative and quantitative research methodology.
As part of the OPEN VIE team, you’ll be responsible for the following activities: Working within our Patient Centred Outcomes Team, you will:
Conduct, and provide oversight for, both qualitative and quantitative research including:
- Direct patient/healthcare professional interviews and focus groups
- Managing patient recruitment for studies (i.e. scheduling interviews/focus groups)
- Contributing to the development of project reports and other deliverables of research (e.g. proposals, protocols, statistical analysis plans (SAPs) and study reports)
- Developing study documents for ethical submissions (i.e. REC or IRB submissions)
- Selection or development and validation of patient-reported outcome instruments
- Conducting the analysis of quantitative research data (i.e. statistical analysis using SPSS, SAS or Stata)
- Conducting thematic analysis of qualitative research data (i.e. devising codebook, coding transcripts, defining themes and sub-themes)
- Maintaining thorough working records of project activities for internal use and for presentation to clients
Leading the conduct of technically accurate medical writing deliverables such as:
- Real world evidence, systematic and targeted literature reviews, journal manuscripts, conference abstracts, conference oral presentations and conference posters), seeking input and advice as required from project team members and other OPEN VIE colleagues, to meet client and other stakeholder needs and regulatory requirements.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Guide and mentor junior staff in the conduct of the above activities and working with scientists and medical writers in the Real World Evidence team where needed
- Contribute to client meetings where needed e.g. presenting study results
- Contribute to the continuing achievements and targets of OPEN VIE through the successful delivery of project documentation to agreed standards and timelines
- Maintain thorough working records of all project activities
- Attend regular internal team meetings to facilitate a collaborative approach to all projects
- Maintain quality and accuracy in all activities, following OPEN VIE and Client Standard Operating Procedures/processes as required.
What you’ll bring:
Required experience and qualifications:
- Post-graduate qualification in Psychology, Sociology or related discipline
- Experience of conducting health research and project management
- Significant experience leading and conducting qualitative research projects using thematic analysis (Essential)
- Experience conducting quantitative research or related technical skills (Desirable)
- Experience in conducting literature reviews and writing journal manuscripts, abstracts and/or posters
- Experience with qualitative data management software (i.e. Nvivo, Atlas ti) and key search databases for conducting literature reviews
- Confident communicator at all levels and with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong project management skills with the ability to juggle a number of different projects and work to deadlines
- Positive, solution focussed
- Experience with quantitative data software (i.e. SAS, Stata, SPSS)
- Experience submitting to peer-review journals
- An understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and drug development process will be an advantage as will previous experience in a health care consultancy environment.
What we offer:
At OPEN Health, we are entirely dependent upon our people. They are the basis of every contract we win, every service we provide and every project we deliver. As a result, we are always on the lookout for the brightest, most enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individuals to join our teams in the UK. We work hard to create friendly and collaborative workplaces; to provide fascinating professional challenges and amazing opportunities.
We have an extensive benefits package that includes:
- A total of 29 days holidays – 25 plus an additional 3 at our Christmas shutdown plus your birthday off
- Flexible start and finish times around core office hours
- 4 pm Friday finish
- A training platform that provides access to self-paced and face-to-face learning & development
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Casual dress code
- Active CSR community supporting a range of worthwhile causes