Since leaving the world of academia behind, you’ve probably settled well into your first role in healthcare communications or, possibly, another relevant commercial environment. But you sense there’s something missing…Is it creativity? A buzzy team? A great work environment. We’ve got all that and more.
You’ll love this role if:
- You have a passion for writing, and the ability to think innovatively about health and wellbeing communication
- You can make complex dataseem both simple and exciting
- You’re confident at working both independently and with others, but always collaboratively
- You enjoy pulling together as a team to deliver on fast-paced timelines
- You have pride in your work that shows both in your faultless attention to detail and your ability to stand up for the data you recommend and the words you write
- Last, but by no means least, you enjoy the odd bit of office banter (and booze, if you’re so inclined)
You’ll be a success if you:
- Excite and support your colleagues and clients
- Add value to our high quality creative and innovative science communications
- Consistently deliver writing projects on brief, in line with our house style, and on time
- Demonstrate through 360° feedback that you’re a team player
- Working closely with the team of science and creative writers and the design, art direction and account handling teams to provide innovative communication solutions and bring scientific content to life
- Developing an in-depth understanding of allocated brands and disease areas
- Liaising with clients (including face-to-face meetings) and developing good working relationships with client medical teams
- Actively participating in new business development/pitching
- Taking full responsibility for the day-to-day delivery of assigned writing, referencing and editing projects
- Developing into the role of lead science writer for your allocated brands and projects
- Working with our traffic manager to manage your workload and prioritise tasks in line with changing project timings
- Genuine motivation to work in the pharmaceutical marketing and healthcare environment and make people’s lives healthier
- Willingness to think innovatively and creatively, and to be adaptable/flexible
- Super slick written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to research, critically appraise and appropriately reference published information
- Impeccable attention to detail and time management
- Ability to learn and apply new skills and new scientific/therapeutic/regulatory information
What experience and qualifications you’ll need to have:
- Life science degree - 1st class or 2.1 and a PhD (awarded or on its way)
- At least one year’s writing experience in a medical or healthcare brand communications agency
A great place to work - officially
In 2014, 2015 and 2016 OPEN Health has been recognised as one of the UK’s best places to work.
We attract highly-qualified, passionate and creative professionals. They enjoy developing thought-provoking, practice-changing solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations and shape conversations in complex therapy areas.
Interested in joining our London, Chicago or Dubai teams? then get in touch, we are always keen to hear from highly motivated people who are keen to develop their careers. In return for your skills and commitment, we offer a dynamic and stimulating working environment, and a competitive range of benefits.