About OPEN Health Communications
Dedicated to delivering meaningful solutions
OPEN Health Communications offers world-class expertise in:
- Medical affairs consultancy and content
- Publications planning and execution
- Multi-channel medical education
- Internal training
We offer a global perspective with in-depth knowledge of the US and European markets.
At OPEN Health Communications, we completely grasp the science with experience and insight that are second to none.
But we go further than that. Much further.
Our dedicated, global experts challenge each other (and our clients) to think beyond the science and create fresh, purposeful, clinically relevant solutions.
What that means for our clients is a stimulating and rewarding partnership, with a trusted team that always goes the extra mile to make things happen.
You will love this role if you:
- Are proactive and motivated, looking for a dynamic role in a growing medical communications agency
- Are keen to take the lead on accounts in different therapy areas involving a broad range of projects, including publications
- Are able to motivate and mentor other team members and junior writers
You will be a success if you:
- Consistently deliver scientifically accurate work of high quality that meets the client’s objectives
- Can develop and maintain relationships with clients and actively pursue new business opportunities
- Show a proactive and flexible approach to your work
- As part of the OPEN Health Communications team, you’ll be responsible for the following activities:
- Ensure that your work, and that of your team, is of high quality, scientifically accurate, appropriate to the target audience, meets the client’s needs and conforms to any industry guidelines
- Serve as the lead editorial contact for your clients and experts, building key relationships with existing clients and contributing to new business opportunities
- Provide editorial support and guidance along with strategic input into accounts, actively seeking to add value and working closely with the account team to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Manage and motivate the medical writing team to excel and to actively promote their individual growth and development
- Identify and anticipate any problems or resource limitations that could jeopardise the delivery of projects on time, on budget or with sufficient quality
- Maintain knowledge in relevant therapy areas, industry guidelines and best practices
What you’ll bring:
- Graduate in life sciences (ideally biomedical), higher degree (e.g. PhD) preferred
- Previous medical writing experience in a medical communications agency essential
- Previous line management and/or mentoring experience essential
- Experience across a broad range of activities; publications experience preferred
- Ability to pick up new therapy areas quickly and to work across multiple accounts
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- A flexible, proactive approach with the ability to multitask and adapt quickly to change, work under pressure and to tight deadlines
What we offer:
At OPEN Health, we are entirely dependent upon our people. They are the basis of every contract we win, every service we provide and every project we deliver. As a result, we are always on the lookout for the brightest, most enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individuals to join our teams in the UK. We work hard to create friendly and collaborative workplaces; to provide fascinating professional challenges and amazing opportunities.
We have an extensive benefits package that includes:
- A total of 29 days holidays – 25 plus an additional 3 at Christmas shutdown and your birthday off
- Flexible start and finish times around core office hours
- 4 pm Friday finish
- A training platform that provides access to self-paced and face-to-face learning and development
- Group income protection
- Private medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Casual dress code
- Active corporate social responsibility community supporting a range of worthwhile causes