OPEN Health is a family of expert practices, working in partnership to drive positive change in healthcare communications and market access.
Founded in 2011, and previously a group of eight separately branded businesses, OPEN Health has now re-structured into our three specialist practices, all operating under the OPEN Health brand.
- OPEN Health Medical Communications (previously Succinct and now including US-based Peloton Advantage)
- OPEN Health Patient & Brand Communications (previously The EarthWorks, Reynolds MacKenzie & LEC)
- OPEN VIE: Value, Informatics, Evidence (previously pH Associates, Harvey Walsh, & OPEN Access Consulting)
Collaboration and connectivity was a founding philosophy and will continue to be a key driver for OPEN Health providing value for our clients and also offering an environment in which our employees can continue to thrive.
With offices in the UK and US and over 500 employees, OPEN Health works with 90% of the world’s top 40 pharmaceutical companies, across a broad client base including biotechnology and medical device companies. Our therapeutic range is broad, with particular strength and focus on oncology, rare diseases and specialist medicines.
About OPEN VIE
Value, Informatics & Evidence - bringing value to life
OPEN VIE is a specialist market access, real world evidence and patient-centred outcomes consultancy which works with you to understand, demonstrate and communicate value.
We provide world class knowledge, insight and outputs across the entire spectrum of market access and reimbursement, evidence generation, gathering and evaluation, and population-based health data, to demonstrate value and change patients’ lives.
Our unrivalled team of experts actively engage across their specific disciplines, sharing their vast knowledge and experience, to provide a wide range of compelling outputs.
Our specialisms include:
- Market access
- Health informatics
- Real world evidence
- Patient centred outcomes (PCO
Patient Centred Outcomes (PCO):
Specialising in the generation of data that matter to patients. PCOs enable the scientifically robust measurement of disease, treatment benefit or unmet need from the perspective of the patient and/or their family members or carers.
You will love this role if you:
- Want to have an integral role in an exciting, rapidly expanding team where you can really develop and define the role.
- Are passionate about the development and delivery of high-quality patient centred outcome research to really make a difference.
- Thrive on working in a fast-paced, dynamic and client focused consultancy environment.
- Enjoy working across a broad range of therapeutic areas.
- Want to have an impact on the use of PROs in RWE research studies and/or across the clinical development process.
You will be a success if you:
- A keen self-starter who enjoys working independently but also works effectively as part of a team
- Can demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable speaking to a variety of different stakeholders.
- Have strong experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies in an industry or consultancy role.
As part of the OPEN VIE team, you’ll be responsible for the following activities:
- Take briefs from clients ensuring a clear understanding of objectives, timelines and budgets and develop proposals in response to these.
- Provide scientific consultancy services on the selection, development and implementation of PCO measures for both OPEN VIE clients and internal colleagues.
- Design, conduct, and publish standalone patient centred research projects (e.g. patient reported burden of illness studies, bespoke PCO patient surveys and prospective studies) to support OPEN VIE client Real World evidence requirements or client’s clinical development PCO data needs.
- Understand the current healthcare environment and the commercial objectives of OPEN VIE clients to identify and secure opportunities for new PCO projects.
- Responsible for maintaining awareness of the latest scientific developments in PCO and implementing these in PCO studies.
- Engage with key opinion leaders (e.g. Healthcare Professionals) in the therapeutic area to develop study frameworks that achieve client objectives.
- Ensure smooth handover of projects to the Project Management team for operational delivery.
- Maintain a client facing role throughout the delivery of a project and be accountable for ensuring that client objectives are met through to the final deliverable.
- Help increase the profile of OPEN VIE, expand client contacts and identify future potential project opportunities.
- Contribute to the continuing achievements and targets of OPEN VIE through the successful delivery of project documentation to agreed standards and timelines.
- Maintain thorough working records of all project activities.
- Attend regular internal team meetings to facilitate a collaborative approach to all projects.
- Maintain quality and accuracy in all activities, following OPEN VIE Standard Operating Procedures
What you’ll bring:
- Masters or PhD in Psychology, Psychometrics, Pharmacy, Outcomes Research, or related health science
- Experience of conducting health research and project management in the pharmaceutical industry or consultancy role, or related environment
- Experience of client management coupled with business development
- Proven experience of health outcomes research including qualitative and/or quantitative research
- Experience of working with PRO/COA requirements for regulatory and HTA/reimbursement
What we offer:
At OPEN Health, we are entirely dependent upon our people. They are the basis of every contract we win, every service we provide and every project we deliver. As a result, we are always on the lookout for the brightest, most enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individuals to join our teams in UK and USA. We work hard to create friendly and collaborative workplaces; to provide fascinating professional challenges and amazing opportunities.
We have an extensive benefits package that includes:
- A total of 29 days holidays – 25 plus an additional 3 at our Christmas shutdown plus your birthday off
- Flexible start and finish times around core office hours
- 4pm Friday finish
- A training platform that provides access to self-paced and face-to-face learning & development
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Casual dress code
- Active CSR community supporting a range of worthwhile causes