OPEN Health Digital are our internal team of digital specialists, supporting the OPEN Health practices and their clients with digital strategy and delivery. We define, design and deliver digital platforms, products, experiences and tools for healthcare audiences.
Our digital solutions span the technology spectrum, from innovative VR educational experiences and patient support apps, to custom e-learning platforms and data-visualisation tools. Our objective is to maximise the impact and value of digital channels, deliver innovation where it really effects change, and ensure everything conforms to the highest security standards.
The team comprises of project managers, designers and developers, using the latest technologies, processes and tools, and are based out of OPEN Health’s Marlow (Buckinghamshire) and Holborn (central London) offices.
About this role
We’re looking for a mid-weight UX/UI designer to join our growing team in our Marlow office.
We want to find someone with exceptional visual design and conceptual skills, who embraces modern user-centred design practices. We want someone who can design from concept to development handoff across a broad variety of digital outputs including responsive websites, apps, immersive experiences and data visualisation tools.
We feel privileged to work on projects every day that makes a real difference to the work of healthcare professionals and the lives of patients, and we want someone who will share that enthusiasm with us.
On a day to day basis, you will typically be:
- Creating innovative and unique pitch concepts and visuals across a range of digital outputs, sometimes with tight deadlines!
- Using supplied insights to create user-centred design concepts, wireframes, sketches, mockups and prototypes
- Working with content management systems and digital tools to create online content that meets brand guidelines and gives a great user experience
- Presenting your designs to other team members and gathering feedback
- Working closely with the development team to create comprehensive and carefully crafted design files ready for build
Desirable Experience & Skills
- 3+ years of digital design experience (preferably in an agency)
- A portfolio of beautiful and well-thought-out designs that went live, demonstrating your experience crafting interfaces and digital experiences
- Good understanding of user-centred design processes, accessibility standards and graphic design principles
- Great attention to detail, pride and passion of the work you do
- A good communicator - written, verbal and graphical
- An expert in Sketch (or Figma), with good supporting Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Experience using InVision, Marvel or other prototyping tools
- Experience using content management system and digital content tools (e.g. Mailchimp, SurveyMonkey)
- Understanding of HTML and CSS would be an advantage (but not essential as this isn’t a development position)
What we offer
At OPEN Health, we are entirely dependent upon our people. They are the basis of every contract we win, every service we provide and every project we deliver. As a result, we are always on the lookout for the brightest, most enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individuals to join our teams in the UK. We work hard to create friendly and collaborative workplaces; to provide fascinating professional challenges and amazing opportunities.
We have an extensive benefits package that includes:
- A total of 29 days holidays – 25 plus an additional 3 at our Christmas shutdown plus your birthday off
- Flexible start and finish times around core office hours
- 4pm Friday finish
- A training platform that provides access to self-paced and face-to-face learning & development
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Casual dress code
- Active CSR community supporting a range of worthwhile causes