Do you have an aptitude for Science?
Are you a talented and creative communicator?
We’re currently looking for talented medical writers of all levels, to join our ever growing teams (due to a record breaking 2018!) in our new offices in Oxford. If you have a strong scientific background and are passionate about medical communications, keen to learn about new therapy areas and looking for a dynamic role, we’d love for you to get in touch.
Company Summary – Open Health Medical Communications
Open Health Medical Communications offers fully comprehensive medical communications capabilities across the product life-cycle, at a strategic and operational level.
We attract highly-qualified, passionate and creative professionals. They enjoy challenging convention, pushing the boundaries and delivering bespoke, game-changing solutions in complex therapy areas. Always thinking beyond communication and education, our goal is to motivate and inspire our audiences.
Open Health Medical Communications has offices in Marlow, London, Newcastle & Oxford. While there is a flat structure, there is the opportunity to work on interesting projects in a variety of therapy areas. Sometimes the projects span across the OPEN Health family.
You will love this role if you:
- Have a strong scientific background and are passionate about medical communications
- Are keen to learn about new therapy areas and are able to critically appraise published information to underpin your understanding
- Are looking for a dynamic role involving interaction with a range of internal teams, clients and scientific experts
You will be a success if you:
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can communicate complex scientific ideas in an accurate and innovative way
- Are able to work under pressure, independently and as part of a team to deliver high-quality work
- To work within the scientific services team to:
- Ensure that quality control is paramount within all materials produced across the business
- Develop written materials (for subsequent review by Lead / Senior Medical Writer) in line with client requirements (internal/external), timelines, Open Health Medical Communications editorial policy, ABPI Code of Practice and key product messages
- May include editing as well as writing
Ensure all written material is:
- Appropriately pitched
- On brief when delivered
- Delivered on time
- Fully referenced and, where applicable, abides by the ABPI Code of Practice
- Attend conferences / advisory board meetings with Lead / Senior Medical Writer and develop first draft of report for review
- Coordinate effectively and efficiently with appropriate members of the Open Health Medical Communications team
- Ensure line manager and accounts team, where appropriate, are continually updated on project progress
- Develop an understanding of the various client brand and disease areas
- Undertake or direct research into therapy areas, as needed
- Liaise with authors / advisors (including attending face-to-face meetings), with the support of a Lead / Senior Medical Writer
Key attributes / skills / competencies
- Work within the Open Health core values at all times
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interpret and fulfil client briefs in a creative and technically accurate manner
- Sound understanding of science and medicine, the healthcare environment and the Medical Education industry
- Some knowledge of the publishing industry
- Able to seek out, critically appraise and appropriately cite published information
- Attention to detail
- Willingness / ability to learn and apply new skills and new scientific / therapeutic / regulatory information
- Adaptability / flexibility
- Good project management skills
- Able to multitask and prioritise; excellent time management skills
- Plan, organise and complete multiple tasks and deal with changes in project timings and specifications
- Manage workload in line with the changing demands of the business