OPEN Health is a family of expert practices, working in partnership to drive positive change in healthcare communications and market access.
Founded in 2011, and previously a group of eight separately branded businesses, OPEN Health has now re-structured into our three specialist practices, all operating under the OPEN Health brand.
- OPEN Health Medical Communications (previously Succinct and now including US-based Peloton Advantage)
- OPEN Health Patient & Brand Communications (previously The EarthWorks, Reynolds MacKenzie & LEC)
- OPEN VIE: Value, Informatics, Evidence (previously pH Associates, Harvey Walsh, & OPEN Access Consulting)
Collaboration and connectivity was a founding philosophy and will continue to be a key driver for OPEN Health providing value for our clients and also offering an environment in which our employees can continue to thrive.
With offices in the UK and US and over 500 employees, OPEN Health works with 90% of the world’s top 40 pharmaceutical companies, across a broad client base including biotechnology and medical device companies. Our therapeutic range is broad, with particular strength and focus on oncology, rare diseases and specialist medicines.
About OPEN Health Medical Communications
Dedicated to delivering meaningful solutions
OPEN Health Medical Communications offers world-class expertise in:
- Medical affairs consultancy and content
- Publications planning and execution
- Multi-channel medical education
- Internal training
We offer a global perspective with in-depth knowledge of the US and European markets.
At OPEN Health Medical Communications, we completely grasp the science with experience and insight that are second to none.
But we go further than that. Much further.
Our dedicated, global experts challenge each other (and our clients) to think beyond the science and create fresh, purposeful, clinically relevant solutions.
What that means for our clients is a stimulating and rewarding partnership, with a trusted team that always goes the extra mile to make things happen.
You will love this role if you:
- Have a strong scientific background and are passionate about medical communications
- Are keen to learn about new therapy areas and are able to critically appraise published information to underpin your understanding
- Are looking for a dynamic role involving interaction with a range of internal teams, clients and scientific experts
You will be a success if you:
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can communicate complex scientific ideas in an accurate and innovative way
- Are able to work under pressure, independently and as part of a team to deliver high-quality work
As part of the Medical Communications team, you’ll be responsible for the following activities:
- Ensure that quality control is paramount within all materials produced across the business
- Develop written materials (for subsequent review by Lead / Senior Medical Writer) in line with client requirements (internal/external), timelines, OPEN Health Medical Communications editorial policy, ABPI Code of Practice and key product messages
- May include editing as well as writing
Ensure all written material is:
- Appropriately pitched
- On brief when delivered
- Delivered on time
- Fully referenced and, where applicable, abides by the ABPI Code of Practice
- Attend conferences / advisory board meetings with Lead / Senior Medical Writer and develop the first draft of the report for review
- Coordinate effectively and efficiently with appropriate members of the OPEN Health Medical Communications team
- Ensure line manager and accounts team, where appropriate, are continually updated on project progress
- Develop an understanding of the various client brand and disease areas
- Undertake or direct research into therapy areas, as needed
- Liaise with authors/advisors (including attending face-to-face meetings), with the support of a Lead / Senior Medical Writer
What you’ll bring:
- Graduate in life sciences (ideally biomedical), higher degree (PhD) preferred
- Work within the OPEN Health Medical Communications core values at all times
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interpret and fulfil client briefs in a creative and technically accurate manner
- Sound understanding of science and medicine, the healthcare environment and the Medical Education industry
- Some knowledge of the publishing industry
- Able to seek out, critically appraise and appropriately cite published information
- Attention to detail
- Willingness/ability to learn and apply new skills and new scientific/therapeutic/ regulatory information
- Adaptability / flexibility
- Good project management skills
- Able to multitask and prioritise; excellent time management skill
- Plan, organise and complete multiple tasks and deal with changes in project timings and specifications
- Manage workload in line with the changing demands of the business
What we offer
At OPEN Health, we are entirely dependent upon our people. They are the basis of every contract we win, every service we provide and every project we deliver. As a result, we are always on the lookout for the brightest, most enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individuals to join our teams in the UK and USA. We work hard to create friendly and collaborative workplaces; to provide fascinating professional challenges and amazing opportunities.
We have an extensive benefits package that includes:
- A total of 29 days holidays – 25 plus an additional 3 at Christmas shutdown and your birthday off
- Flexible start and finish times around core office hours
- 4pm Friday finish
- A training platform that provides access to self-paced and face-to-face learning & development
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Casual dress code
- Active CSR community supporting a range of worthwhile causes
How to apply
If we sound like the sort of business environment in which you would thrive, then we would love to hear from you.