You will love this role if you:
- Believe words matter and put that into practice with all you do · Believe the patient should be at the center of decision making
- Love understanding the science of research but thrive in making that research clear, concise and compelling to diverse patient audiences
- Feel a sense of accomplishment when a project is executed on time and within budget
- Thrive in a dynamic and client-focused consultancy environment
- Are a natural team player able to work individually or in a team setting
You will be a success if you:
- Have worked in translating science into everyday language that compels, motivates and influences target audiences
- Have experience developing content that delight clients or sponsors
- Are comfortable engaging with diverse stakeholders including external partners
- Are an independent, confident, self-starter · Have experience or interest in UX and visual/digital frameworks as part of the patient content development process
As part of the OPEN Health Patient Engagement team, you’ll be responsible for the following activities:
The Junior Patient Engagement Content Copy Writer will support patient centricity, creativity and the writing function with Patient Centered Outcomes and Patient Engagement and across Evidence and Access (E &A) and OPEN Health. The Junior Writer will develop consulting competencies through engagement with clients from RFP response to project close out under the guidance of more senior colleagues.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate interest in health science and the use of written content to facilitate the communication of complex scientific information to diverse audiences that engage, educate, inform and empower patients and their communities.
- Partner with more senior staff to create and advance the best project framework to achieve client objectives on time and on budget
- Create specific deliverables as assigned to maintain project progress and completion
- Support Patient Copy Lead or Senior Writer as directed
What you’ll bring:
- 1+ years of experience developing patient-centric content in a consultancy, communications or nonprofit environment
- Bachelors’ degree in a science-related discipline, communications, journalism, or relevant field. Advanced degrees are appreciated
- Ability to translate scientific content into more consumer-focused content
- Proactive, efficient, and responsive to shifting priorities in a team-based research consultancy setting to ensure expectations are exceeded.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; including the ability to prepare and present relevant summaries of assigned materials.
- Understanding of digital platforms and outreach and UX fundamentals is appreciated
What we offer:
At OPEN Health, we are entirely dependent upon our people. They are the basis of every contract we win, every service we provide and every project we deliver. As a result, we are always on the lookout for the brightest, most enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individuals to join our teams in the UK. We work hard to create friendly and collaborative workplaces; to provide fascinating professional challenges and amazing opportunities.
We have an extensive benefits package that includes:
- A total of 29 days holidays – 25 plus an additional 3 at our Christmas shutdown plus your birthday off
- Flexible start and finish times around core office hours
- 4pm Friday finish
- A training platform that provides access to self-paced and face-to-face learning & development
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Casual dress code
- Active CSR community supporting a range of worthwhile causes