We're looking for a talented mid-weight digital designer to join our growing team in either our Marlow or Holborn office.
We want to find a UI and UX expert who is passionate about crafting amazing digital experiences that can make a real difference to the work of healthcare professionals and the lives of patients.
You're up for the challenge of bringing experiences, platforms and products to life through considered and informed design. You get excited by the ever-evolving digital landscape from apps to VR, websites to touchscreens. You are a user-centred champion, using research, insights and empathy to inform your designs. You have got an eye for design, always looking for inspiration and always looking to improve.
- Conducting user research and gathering insights.
- Creating original, innovative design solutions across a variety of devices for healthcare audiences.
- Communicating concepts and ideas through wireframes, user flows, mockups, sketches and prototypes.
- Championing user-centred design.
- Working closely with the development team and project managers to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and in scope.
- Presenting your designs to other team members and gathering feedback.
- Delivering well-structured and carefully crafted design files and handover notes to the development team.
- Testing and quality checking products during the build process.
- Constantly learning new techniques, trying new tools and staying ahead of the curve in the world of digital design
Desirable skills & experience
- 3+ years of digital design experience (preferably in an agency).
- A portfolio of beautiful and well-thought-out designs that went live, demonstrating your experience crafting
- interfaces and digital experiences.
- Solid understanding of UX design processes, accessibility standards and graphic design principles.
- Great attention to detail, pride and passion of the work you do.
- A good communicator, and problem solver: written, verbal and graphical.
- Self-motivated as well as team-orientated.
- An expert in Sketch (or Figma), with good supporting Photoshop and Illustrator skills.
- Experience using InVision, Marvel or other prototyping tools.
- A good understanding of HTML and CSS would be an advantage, but not essential as this isn’t a development position
About OPEN Health Digital
OPEN Health Digital are our internal team of digital specialists, supporting our practices and their clients with digital strategy and delivery. We define, design and deliver digital platforms, products, experiences and tools for healthcare audiences.
Our digital solutions span the technology spectrum, from innovative VR educational experiences and patient support apps, to custom e-learning platforms and data-visualisation tools. Our objective is to maximise the impact and value of digital channels, deliver innovation where it really effects change, and ensure everything conforms to the highest security standards.
The team comprises of project managers, designers and developers, using the latest technologies, processes and tools, and are based out of OPEN Health's Marlow (Buckinghamshire) and Holborn (central London) offices.
What we offer
At OPEN Health, we are entirely dependent upon our people. They are the basis of every contract we win, every service we provide and every project we deliver. As a result, we are always on the lookout for the brightest, most enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individuals to join our teams in UK and USA. We work hard to create friendly and collaborative workplaces; to provide fascinating professional challenges and amazing opportunities.
We have an extensive benefits package that includes:
- 29 days holidays (25 plus additional 3 at Christmas plus your birthday off)
- Flexible start and finish times
- 4pm Friday finish
- A training platform that provides access to self-paced and face-to-face learning & development
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Active CSR community supporting a range of worthwhile causes
Reasons to join OPEN Health »