About OPEN VIE
Value, Informatics & Evidence - bringing value to life OPEN VIE is a specialist market access, real world evidence and patient-centred outcomes consultancy which works with our clients to understand, demonstrate and communicate value of their innovations.
We provide world class knowledge, insight and outputs across the entire spectrum of market access and reimbursement, evidence generation, gathering and evaluation, and population-based health data, to demonstrate value and change patients’ lives.
Our unrivalled team of experts actively engage across their specific disciplines, sharing their vast knowledge and experience, to provide a wide range of compelling outputs.
Our specialisms include:
- Market access
- Health informatics
- Real world evidence
- Patient centred outcomes
You will love this role if you:
- Are client focused and passionate about the delivery of high quality healthcare research designed to help improve patient care.
- Enjoy learning and applying your knowledge across a broad range of therapeutic areas.
- Enjoy quickly grasping and communicating new concepts and complex information to a variety of audiences in a range of formats.
- Thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
You will be a success in this role if you:
- Are self-motivated, flexible, enjoy multi-tasking and are able to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy finding creative solutions for project challenges.
- Have excellent organisational, time management and project management skills.
- Are confident working independently as well proactively as member of a variety of multidisciplinary project teams.
As part of the OPEN VIE Consultant Writer team, you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Writing of technically accurate Health Economics and Outcomes Research and Market Access deliverables across the OPEN VIE specialisms (including, but not limited to, the following: real world evidence/epidemiological study protocols, systematic and targeted literature reviews, slide decks, health technology assessment [HTA] submissions, study reports, value propositions, value dossiers, objection handlers, journal manuscripts, conference abstracts, conference oral presentations and conference posters), seeking input and advice as required from project team members and other OPEN VIE colleagues, to meet client and other stakeholder needs and regulatory or market access requirements.
- Maintaining quality and accuracy in all project activities, working according to OPEN Health and OPEN VIE policies and industry standards and requirements as well OPEN Health, OPEN VIE and client-specified Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Managing written documents throughout all required internal and external review, approval and submission processes, as required, and maintaining thorough working records of all project activities.
- Understanding the current healthcare environment and the commercial objectives of our clients to be able to take a brief from clients or OPEN VIE colleagues to enable the development of robust health economics and outcomes research and market access projects to meet the needs of all stakeholders, including drafting study synopses and full protocols from a client brief or OPEN VIE proposal, raising queries and responding to feedback as required.
- Understanding and interpreting data and results in the context of the project to identify the key results, themes and/or messages and adapting the tone and style to resonate with the target audience to produce technically and grammatically accurate study reports, dossiers and publications according to client and regulatory body-specified requirements, guidance, templates and timelines.
- Conducting and reporting the results of systematic and targeted literature reviews, including making recommendations on the most appropriate type of review, defining and agreeing search strategies, synthesising and reporting of results in the most appropriate format(s) to meet client needs and timelines.
- Liaising with authors, advisors, clients and colleagues, as required, to identify and advise on suitable conferences and journals to publish study results according to client needs and timelines.
- Working closely as part of OPEN VIE project teams, including participating in regular internal and external project team meetings, as required, to facilitate a collaborative approach to all projects and ensure successful project delivery on time and on budget.
- Reviewing, proof-reading, editing, referencing and formatting of documents written by colleagues, as required.
- Contributing to OPEN Health and OPEN VIE objectives and annual targets.
- Maintaining up-to-date training in, and working according to all relevant OPEN Health, OPEN VIE and client-specified policies and Standard Operating Procedures, and relevant external guidelines, codes of conduct and regulations.
- Contributing to the development and refinement of OPEN VIE checklists, templates, policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Attending OPEN VIE and OPEN Health staff meetings, as required, to maintain an up-to-date understanding of practice capabilities, objectives and future plans.
- Supporting colleagues across OPEN VIE and Open Health with ad hoc activities, as required.
What you will bring:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential).
- Experience of writing technically accurate and appropriately presented health economics and outcomes research and/or market access reports, dossiers, slide decks and publications for one or more of the following within a healthcare research, pharma or agency environment: health technology assessment, patient centred outcomes, real world evidence, systematic literature reviews and meta-analyses, targeted literature reviews, value propositions, value dossiers (essential).
- Advanced IT skills and extensive experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (essential).
- A proven track record in health economics and outcomes research and/or market access and a sound clinical understanding across a range of therapeutic areas (essential).
- Experience of using reference management software such as EndNote or Zotero (desirable).
- Experience of real world evidence/epidemiological study design and protocol development (desirable).
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and industry standards for reporting and publishing healthcare research (desirable).
- BSc or equivalent healthcare qualification or relevant experience in an industry or agency role (essential)
- MSc, PhD or equivalent higher degree in a relevant discipline (desirable)
What we offer:
At OPEN Health, we are entirely dependent upon our people. They are the basis of every contract we win, every service we provide and every project we deliver. As a result, we are always on the lookout for the brightest, most enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individuals to join our teams in UK and USA. We work hard to create friendly and collaborative workplaces; to provide fascinating professional challenges and amazing opportunities.
We have an extensive benefits package that includes:
- A total of 29 days holidays – 25 plus an additional 3 at our Christmas shutdown plus your birthday off
- Flexible start and finish times around core office hours
- 4 pm Friday finish
- A training platform that provides access to self-paced and face-to-face learning & development
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Casual dress code
- Active Corporate and Social Responsibility community supporting a range of worthwhile causes.