About OPEN Health Medical Communications
Dedicated to delivering meaningful solutions OPEN Health Medical Communications offers world-class expertise in:
- Medical affairs consultancy and content
- Publications planning and execution
- Multi-channel medical education
- Internal training
We offer a global perspective with in-depth knowledge of the US and European markets.
At OPEN Health Medical Communications, we completely grasp the science with experience and insight that are second to none.
But we go further than that. Much further.
Our dedicated, global experts challenge each other (and our clients) to think beyond the science and create fresh, purposeful, clinically relevant solutions.
What that means for our clients is a stimulating and rewarding partnership, with a trusted team that always goes the extra mile to make things happen.
You will love this role if you:
- Are an ambitious self-starter who is able to lead and motivate teams
- Enjoy the challenge of building a robust and profitable business unit
- Have deep scientific knowledge that you are able to share across the agency
You will be a success if you:
- Are able to operate as the high level account handler on at least one large account or a number of smaller ones to identify and enact organic growth plans
- Positively influence and nurture colleagues
- Help create a culture of collaborative working
- As part of the Medical Communications team, you’ll be responsible for the following activities: To work alongside the Managing Director and the broader OPEN Health Medical Communications Group management to:
- Be responsible for a team with fee earning client(s) of >£1m
- Lead your Business Unit whilst closely collaborating with the other accounts teams and writers within OPEN Health Medical Communications
- Providing scientific expertise and leadership as required
- Work with the Editorial Director to ensure optimal writer structure, processes and training
- Work closely with the Business Development team to develop and drive the new/new business plan for your Business Unit
- Lead your Business Unit pitches whilst quickly identifying skills gaps and seeking advice, expertise and resource to fill these gaps to ultimately drive successful pitch execution (win rate 50%)
What you’ll bring:
- Work within the OPEN Health Medical Communications core values at all times
- Strong team working and the ability to positively influence colleagues
- Well-developed communication and leadership skills
- Winning and delivering new business
What we offer
At OPEN Health, we are entirely dependent upon our people. They are the basis of every contract we win, every service we provide and every project we deliver. As a result, we are always on the lookout for the brightest, most enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individuals to join our teams in UK and USA. We work hard to create friendly and collaborative workplaces; to provide fascinating professional challenges and amazing opportunities.
We have an extensive benefits package that includes:
- A total of 29 days holidays – 25 plus an additional 3 at Christmas shutdown and your birthday off
- Flexible start and finish times around core office hours
- 4pm Friday finish
- A training platform that provides access to self-paced and face-to-face learning & development
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Casual dress code
- Active CSR community supporting a range of worthwhile causes