About OPEN Health Patient & Brand Communications
Patient-centred creative communications
Patient & Brand Communications comprises the OPEN Health disciplines of patient engagement, health technology, market insight, public relations and healthcare branding.
The expertise and heritage of three long-standing OPEN Health operating companies have been brought together to form a multi-channel, multi-skilled healthcare communications agency with patient outcomes at the heart.
Together, our expertise covers creative, strategy, market insight, media planning, patient engagement and public relations, working in collaboration to deliver exceptional results for our clients.
Our specialisms include:
- Brand Communications
- Patient Communications
- Public Communications
- Research & Insights
From media relations to corporate communications; global strategic communications planning to online content marketing and social media; advocacy to access and value communications.
You will love this role if you:
- Are looking for a fresh challenge in a unique and growing PR agency with a diverse client base.
- Want to grow within the AM/SAM role by being given autonomy on projects with manage-up- and -down responsibilities
- Can foster creativity while balancing the core needs of client accounts
- Are not afraid of establishing and growing key relationships: internally, with clients or with journalists
- Like to write to a high standard – creating powerful, succinct content that conveys key messages rather than background noise
- Have a passion for digital and social media and are keen to add value to projects with potential in these areas
- Enjoy working across a balance of Global, EMEA and UK accounts – understanding the grass roots of media as well as the strategic considerations
- Can balance the books and help support client and overarching finances
You will be a success if you:
- Understand trends in healthcare and have an ambition to keep up to date with the latest advances – supporting the agency’s commitment to thought leadership and adding value to our clients’ work
- Have experience in driving forward projects with the support of a team, from inception to delivery
- Understand the needs to measure success and have experience in doing this across a range of activity types
- Can organise yourself and the team to meet the demands of busy clients who need deadlines met and quality assured
- Have a good understanding of the media environment and experience in proactively engaging with the media on PR campaigns
- Have the energy and enthusiasm to take campaigns beyond the brief, directing and challenging your teams to ensure we are always looking to exceed expectations
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-energy and versatile team!
As part of the Patient & Brand Communications team, you’ll be responsible for the following activities:
- Day-to-day key client liaison on accounts, working with your team to ensure actions are clear, deadlines are met and results achieved
- Liaison with the senior team to develop and refine strategy around PR campaigns and evolve the briefs put to us
- Supporting junior team members in producing timely and high quality work, nurturing areas of development
- Financial management of accounts (generally mid-size) from initial budgeting to billing, reconciliation management and company reporting
- New business support, including research and pitch attendance
What you’ll bring:
- PR / communications background, preferably with ethical healthcare (pharmaceuticals) experience
- A strong knowledge of emerging trends in healthcare and medicine development
- Writing and proofreading skills at a high standard
- Attention to detail in time and project management – able to juggle multiple accounts and associated actions
- Experience and interest in new business development – taking on research roles for new pitches and bringing your own perspective to new briefs
- Understanding of social and digital media trends and the practicalities of incorporating these elements into PR campaigns
- Passion for company development and expansion – making sure the RM ethos of a strong work-life balance is maintained and that we continue to review and refine our working practices
What we offer:
At OPEN Health, we are entirely dependent upon our people. They are the basis of every contract we win, every service we provide and every project we deliver. As a result, we are always on the lookout for the brightest, most enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individuals to join our teams in the UK. We work hard to create friendly and collaborative workplaces; to provide fascinating professional challenges and amazing opportunities.
We have an extensive benefits package that includes:
- A total of 29 days holidays – 25 plus an additional 3 at our Christmas shutdown plus your birthday off
- Flexible start and finish times around core office hours
- 4 pm Friday finish
- A training platform that provides access to self-paced and face-to-face learning & development
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Casual dress code
- Active CSR community supporting a range of worthwhile causes