About OPEN Health
OPEN Health is a family of expert practices, working in partnership to drive positive change in healthcare communications and market access.
Founded in 2011, and previously a group of eight separately branded businesses, OPEN Health has now re-structured into our three specialist practices, all operating under the OPEN Health brand.
OPEN Health Medical Communications (previously Succinct and now including US-based Peloton Advantage)
OPEN Health Patient & Brand Communications (previously The EarthWorks, Reynolds MacKenzie & LEC)
OPEN VIE: Value, Informatics, Evidence (previously pH Associates, Harvey Walsh, & OPEN Access Consulting)
Collaboration and connectivity was a founding philosophy and will continue to be a key driver for OPEN Health providing value for our clients and also offering an environment in which our employees can continue to thrive.
With offices in the UK and US and over 500 employees, OPEN Health works with 90% of the world’s top 40 pharmaceutical companies, across a broad client base including biotechnology and medical device companies. Our therapeutic range is broad, with particular strength and focus on oncology, rare diseases and specialist medicines.
We take responsibility for our work, conduct and environment
We actively seek to collaborate and become part of the client team
We pride ourselves on high standards and expect them from each other
We challenge convention and constantly find innovative solutions
About OPEN Health Medical Communications
Dedicated to delivering meaningful solutions
OPEN Health Medical Communications offers world-class expertise in:
- Medical affairs consultancy and content
- Publications planning and execution
- Multi-channel medical education
- Internal training
We offer a global perspective with in-depth knowledge of the US and European markets.
At OPEN Health Medical Communications, we completely grasp the science with experience and insight that are second to none.
But we go further than that. Much further.
Our dedicated, global experts challenge each other (and our clients) to think beyond the science and create fresh, purposeful, clinically relevant solutions.
What that means for our clients is a stimulating and rewarding partnership, with a trusted team that always goes the extra mile to make things happen.
You will love this role if you:
- You enjoy regular client contact either though face to face meetings, phone and written communication
- You get a great deal of satisfaction from delivering exciting and innovative projects on time and in budget
- You have a high attention to detail to ensure that quality outputs are delivered to your clients
- You enjoy working as part of a supportive and dynamic team
You will be a success if you:
- Can share your passion and enthusiasm with your clients and colleagues
- Are a team worker and collaborative
- Are keen to learn new skills and therapy areas
- Interested in developing new ideas to bring science and medicine to life
- Able to build relationships with clients (external and internal) and value the importance of creating a good rapport
As part of the Medical Communications team, you’ll be responsible for the following activities:
Working in an Account Management team, alongside Science Writers and a Creative team, to manage our clients requirements and deliver their projects
- Act as point of contact for specified clients
- Take full responsibility for and manage the day-to-day delivery of all projects allied with assigned clients
- Ensure effective communication of project briefs to the internal team
- Coordinate effectively and efficiently with appropriate members of the Succinct team
- Ensure all projects are on brief when delivered
- Ensure timely delivery of projects
- Ensure clients are continually updated on project progress
- Manage all financial aspects of project delivery
- Collaborate with the Account Director in developing the clients
- Be responsible for the approval process and ensuring quality control
- Understand the various client brand and disease areas
- Support the relationship, and interact, with key opinion leaders (clinical, industry, NHS)
- Support and maintain the working relationships with all clients, including some senior level contacts, as appropriate
What you’ll bring:
- Work within the Open Health Medical Communications core values at all times
- Interest and basic understanding of science and medicine
- Sound project management and analytical skills
- Financial acumen
- Ability to multitask and prioritise; excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Competent in using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Good understanding of the ABPI code of practice
What we offer
At OPEN Health, we are entirely dependent upon our people. They are the basis of every contract we win, every service we provide and every project we deliver. As a result, we are always on the lookout for the brightest, most enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individuals to join our teams in UK and USA. We work hard to create friendly and collaborative workplaces; to provide fascinating professional challenges and amazing opportunities.
We have an extensive benefits package that includes:
- A total of 29 days holidays – 25 plus an additional 3 at Christmas shutdown and your birthday off
- Flexible start and finish times around core office hours
- 4pm Friday finish
- A training platform that provides access to self-paced and face-to-face learning & development
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Casual dress code
- Active CSR community supporting a range of worthwhile causes
How to apply
If we sound like the sort of business environment in which you would thrive, then we would love to hear from you.