Account Handlers for the new Oxford team
Do you have an aptitude for Science?
Are you a talented and creative communicator?
We’re currently looking for talented Account Handlers of all levels, to join our ever growing teams (due to a record breaking 2018!) in our new offices in Oxford. If you have a strong scientific background and are passionate about medical communications, keen to learn about new therapy areas and looking for a dynamic role, we’d love for you to get in touch.
Company Summary - Open Health Medical Communications
Open Health Medical Communications attracts highly-qualified, passionate and creative professionals. The team enjoys challenging convention, pushing the boundaries and delivering bespoke solutions in complex therapy areas.
Open Health Medical Communications has offices in Marlow, London, Newcastle & Oxford. There are fantastic opportunities to work on interesting projects in a variety of therapy areas and sometimes projects span across the OPEN Health family.
You will love this role if
- You enjoy working in a fun but busy environment as part of a team of great people
- You like a challenge and are always keen to exceed expectations
- You have a keen interest in science and business
- You will be a success if you
- Have great attention to detail and like working with people to build strong working relationships
- Can work to deadlines and are good at prioritising and working with others
- Are proactive in your approach and always thinking ahead
- As an Account Executive you will be involved at every stage, from pitch to delivery.
- You will be expected to provide support for the day-to-day running of various accounts which will include:
- Co-ordinating status update meetings
- Co-ordinating development of weekly status reports
- Development of client contact reports
- Financial management across accounts
- General administration
- Liaison with creative and science writing teams
- Client liaison
- Client management
- Contact via email; face-to-face contact as and when required
- Ask questions and seek guidance from line manager on the first draft of client communications, i.e. status reports, contact reports, emails
- Project management
- Check copy and coordinate sign off
- Brief studio with amends
- Support projects
- Set up kick-off meetings and client status reports
- Attend ZINC training
- Taking ownership
- With direction, take ownership of elements of a project and be responsible for its delivery
- Actively support other members of the team
- Seek out opportunities for own development, e.g. attend training, read daily health/pharma news alerts, read industry publications
- Attend ABPI, Bribery Act and Good Publications Practice training
- Financial management
- Draft financial paperwork, e.g. invoices, estimates
- Calculate time spent on a project and understand the importance for keeping accurate time sheets
- Understand the hours related to the job
- Get quotes from third-party suppliers
- Developing new business
- Perform desk research in support of new business
- Liaise on cross group projects
- Team working
- Buddy other AEs
- Constantly seek opportunities to help team members
- Get to know the Medical Writers on the accounts and seek an understanding of their role and needs
- Adhere to the Open Health Medical Communications processes and identify areas for refinement/ improvement
- Meet with ‘Meeting & Events’ and ensure clarity on their processes
Key attributes / skills / competencies
- Develop a clear understanding of the disease area associated with each account
- Develop first drafts of:
- Contact reports
- Weekly situation reports
- Agency status reports
- Day-to-day correspondence
- Demonstrate a meticulous eye when checking copy/proofs
- Develop an understanding of the decision making process and the ability to work under pressure.
- Develop maturity and judgement to be able to recognise when there is a problem or error and to handle it openly and effectively.