About OPEN Health Medical Communications
Dedicated to delivering meaningful solutions OPEN Health Medical Communications offers world-class expertise in:
- Medical affairs consultancy and content
- Publications planning and execution
- Multi-channel medical education
- Internal training
We offer a global perspective with in-depth knowledge of the US and European markets.
At OPEN Health Medical Communications, we completely grasp the science with experience and insight that are second to none.
But we go further than that. Much further.
Our dedicated, global experts challenge each other (and our clients) to think beyond the science and create fresh, purposeful, clinically relevant solutions.
What that means for our clients is a stimulating and rewarding partnership, with a trusted team that always goes the extra mile to make things happen.
You will love this role if you:
- You enjoy working in a fun but busy environment as part of a team of great people
- You like a challenge and are always keen to exceed expectations
- You have a keen interest in science and business
You will be a success if you:
- Have great attention to detail and like working with people to build strong working relationships
- Can work to deadlines and are good at prioritising and working with others
- Are proactive in your approach and always thinking ahead
- As part of the Medical Communications team, you’ll be responsible for the following activities: As an Account Executive, you will be involved at every stage, from pitch to delivery.
- You will be expected to provide support for the day-to-day running of various accounts which will include:
- Co-ordinating status update meetings
- Co-ordinating development of weekly status reports
- Development of client contact reports
- Financial management across accounts
- General administration
- Liaison with creative and science writing teams
- Client liaison
- Contact via email; face-to-face contact as and when required
- Ask questions and seek guidance from line manager on the first draft of client communications, i.e. status reports, contact reports, emails
- Check copy and coordinate sign off
- Brief studio with amends
- Support projects
- Set up kick-off meetings and client status reports
- Attend ZINC training
- With direction, take ownership of elements of a project and be responsible for its delivery
- Actively support other members of the team
- Seek out opportunities for own development, e.g. attend training, read daily health/pharma news alerts, read industry publications
- Attend ABPI, Bribery Act and Good Publications Practice training
- Draft financial paperwork, e.g. invoices, estimates
- Calculate time spent on a project and understand the importance of keeping accurate timesheets
- Understand the hours related to the job
- Get quotes from third-party suppliers
Developing new business
- Perform desk research in support of new business
- Liaise on cross-group projects
- Buddy other AEs
- Constantly seek opportunities to help team members
- Get to know the Medical Writers on the accounts and seek an understanding of their role and needs
- Adhere to the Open Health Medical Communications processes and identify areas for refinement/ improvement
- Meet with ‘Meeting & Events’ and ensure clarity on their processes
- Develop a clear understanding of the disease area associated with each account
Develop first drafts of:
- Contact reports
- Weekly situation reports
- Agency status reports
- Day-to-day correspondence
- Demonstrate a meticulous eye when checking copy/proofs Overall
- Develop an understanding of the decision-making process and the ability to work under pressure.
- Develop maturity and judgement to be able to recognise when there is a problem or error and to handle it openly and effectively.
What we offer
At OPEN Health, we are entirely dependent upon our people. They are the basis of every contract we win, every service we provide and every project we deliver. As a result, we are always on the lookout for the brightest, most enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individuals to join our teams in the UK. We work hard to create friendly and collaborative workplaces; to provide fascinating professional challenges and amazing opportunities.
We have an extensive benefits package that includes:
- A total of 29 days holidays – 25 plus an additional 3 at Christmas shutdown and your birthday off
- Flexible start and finish times around core office hours
- 4 pm Friday finish
- A training platform that provides access to self-paced and face-to-face learning & development
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Casual dress code
- Active CSR community supporting a range of worthwhile causes