About OPEN Health
OPEN Health is a family of expert practices, working in partnership to drive positive change in healthcare communications and market access.
Founded in 2011, and previously a group of eight separately branded businesses, OPEN Health has now re-structured into our three specialist practices, all operating under the OPEN Health brand.
- OPEN Health Medical Communications (previously Succinct and now including US-based Peloton Advantage)
- OPEN Health Patient & Brand Communications (previously The EarthWorks, Reynolds MacKenzie & LEC)
- OPEN VIE: Value, Informatics, Evidence (previously pH Associates, Harvey Walsh, & OPEN Access Consulting)
Collaboration and connectivity was a founding philosophy and will continue to be a key driver for OPEN Health providing value for our clients and also offering an environment in which our employees can continue to thrive.
With offices in the UK and US and over 500 employees, OPEN Health works with 90% of the world’s top 40 pharmaceutical companies, across a broad client base including biotechnology and medical device companies. Our therapeutic range is broad, with particular strength and focus on oncology, rare diseases and specialist medicines.
We take responsibility for our work, conduct and environment
We actively seek to collaborate and become part of the client team
We pride ourselves on high standards and expect them from each other
We challenge convention and constantly find innovative solutions
About OPEN Health Medical Communications
Dedicated to delivering meaningful solutions
OPEN Health Medical Communications offers world-class expertise in:
- Medical affairs consultancy and content
- Publications planning and execution
- Multi-channel medical education
- Internal training
We offer a global perspective with in-depth knowledge of the US and European markets.
At OPEN Health Medical Communications, we completely grasp the science with experience and insight that are second to none.
But we go further than that. Much further.
Our dedicated, global experts challenge each other (and our clients) to think beyond the science and create fresh, purposeful, clinically relevant solutions.
What that means for our clients is a stimulating and rewarding partnership, with a trusted team that always goes the extra mile to make things happen.
You will love this role if you:
- You enjoy regular client contact either though face to face meetings, phone and written communication
- You get a great deal of satisfaction from delivering exciting and innovative projects on time and in budget
- You have a high attention to detail to ensure that quality outputs are delivered to your clients
- You enjoy working as part of a supportive and dynamic team
You will be a success if you:
- Can share your passion and enthusiasm with your clients and colleagues
- Are a team worker and collaborative
- Are keen to learn new skills and therapy areas
- Interested in developing new ideas to bring science and medicine to life
- Able to build relationships with clients (external and internal) and value the importance of creating a good rapport
- If you manage projects effectively and they are delivered on brief, on time and on budget
- You achieve a high degree of client satisfaction
- You actively grow client business
- You keep your team appropriately engaged and well informed
- You actively mentor and lead within the team
- You follow SOPs
- Your time sheets are completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Adhere to the core values at all times
As part of the Medical Communications team, you’ll be responsible for the following activities:
Working in an Account Management team, alongside Medical Writers and a Creative team, to manage our clients requirements and deliver their projects
- Full ownership of the communications programme for each client, ranging from strategic input to day-to-day management of tactics (based on the specific needs for each account)
- Ensure optimal financial management of each account and demonstrate a clear understanding of all financial processes within the business
- Monitor forecast and plans in conjunction with Senior Account Managers, Account Managers and Account Executives to ensure business objectives are met, on time and within budget.
- Ensure the finance team is kept up to date with all relevant information and manage financial issues in a timely manner
- Thorough understanding of the clients’ business objectives, product strategy and relevant therapeutic area. Clear communication of this to all internal team members, as relevant
- In depth understanding of the relevant NHS organisations, policies and processes that impact upon the business
- Responsibility for building and maintaining professional relationships with opinion leaders (industry and NHS)
- Manage and influence senior-level client contacts and maintain positive working relationships, immediately identifying any issues and leading remedial action, as required
- Promote Open Health Medical Communications services to all clients, identifying new business opportunities
- Highlight key issues to the GAD or Partner regarding key accounts and the account team, as appropriate
- Ensure understanding and implementation of all Open Health Medical Communications procedures and quality standards across all account team members
- Ensure all account team members take ownership for their business and appropriate levels of responsibility
- Support the GAD/Partner as a senior member of the team
- Ensure the GAD/Partner is kept up to date on client activities
- Contribute to discussions regarding overall company strategy
- Coordinate effectively and efficiently with appropriate members of the team
- Ensure effective cross-company working on integrated accounts, where appropriate
- Support the development and training of Account Executives, Account Managers and Senior Account Managers
- Line management responsibility of AMs, SAEs, AEs, where appropriate
What you’ll bring:
- Work within the OPEN Health core values at all times
- Thorough understanding of the client’s therapeutic area and ability to provide strategic input
- Strong understanding of science and medicine, the healthcare environment and the Medical Education/Comms industry
- Manager, trainer, delegator
- Strong leadership skills
- Significant experience in a healthcare agency or pharmaceutical company role
- Excellent project management and analytical skills
- Financial acumen
- Ability to multitask and prioritise; excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Competent in using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Sound understanding of the ABPI code of practice
What we offer:
At OPEN Health, we are entirely dependent upon our people. They are the basis of every contract we win, every service we provide and every project we deliver. As a result, we are always on the lookout for the brightest, most enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individuals to join our teams in UK and USA. We work hard to create friendly and collaborative workplaces; to provide fascinating professional challenges and amazing opportunities.
We have an extensive benefits package that includes:
- A total of 29 days holidays – 25 plus an additional 3 at Christmas shutdown and your birthday off
- Flexible start and finish times around core office hours
- 4pm Friday finish
- A training platform that provides access to self-paced and face-to-face learning & development
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Casual dress code
- Active CSR community supporting a range of worthwhile causes
How to apply
If we sound like the sort of business environment in which you would thrive, then we would love to hear from you.